Blog Archive

Friday, March 25, 2011

'Professional' Movie Posters

While browsing Netflix, a new movie popped up with box art that speaks for itself.

DON'T WORRY, IT'S NOT ANOTHER WRESTLING COLUMN



Pretending that I don't know anything about wrestling, or have taste in movies, I'm going to take this poster at face value based on the image itself.  Nevermind that it looks like his definition of 'quality time' isn't necessarily in her best interest.  Nevermind the money coming out of his pocket...you know what I can't do this.  If I focused on why this image was stupid as a way of selling the movie, I'd be here all day.

Let's just focus on the face of Triple H in relation to his body.  Even Ray Charles would look at that and exclaim, "THAT AIN'T RIGHT!".  His head was unceremoniously placed upon 'muscled body #3' and someone decided to just let it go.  There are professionals out there hacking up Photoshop jobs that could go to perfectly equipped fifteen year olds.

The reason I felt compelled to write this, other then the fact that I started complaining about it to my wife and she was all like 'that's nice dear' as she diligently browsed the online personals hoping to god she'd find someone to rescue her from my short attention span, is because The Chaperone cover art reminds me of the worst allegedly professional Photoshop job I have ever seen.  I'm warning you, it isn't pretty.



Forget about Matthew Perry's drawn on head.  Forget about Kevin Pollock and two old man hands inserted with the grace and subtlety of crayon on a white wall...

...I mean what the hell is up with Bruce Willis? Someone was commissioned to take the head of Bruce Willis and put it on that body.  They were paid for this job.  I saw this DVD on the shelf years ago, and it's haunted my consciousness ever since.  To this day whenever I'm working on something in Photoshop, or in life really, I take care to ensure the finished product in no way resembles the abomination that is Bruce Willis's head.  And if you think this is bad, check out Willis in the poster marketed to Spanish speaking people!


I close my eyes, and it's still there...

So I need your help.  Saturate the comment section with the worst Photoshop jobs for movie posters you can  find.  I need another image in my brain, because I'm tired of imagining Bruce Willis in an apron and bunny slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment